Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bittersweet Moment

In three days I'll be packing up everything that I've been able to stuff into my little dorm and moving it back home to campbellsville. I've been waiting for this last week of school to come for a long long time.  I even started a count down way back in January, but now that the time has come I'm not so sure how I feel about it.  For the past year this campus is what I have called home.  In the beginning it was tough moving from a small town to such a big city and not knowing where anything was at, well I still dont really know where everything is at haha  but still I have gotten used to it. Coming to UK changed a lot in my life, this time last year I would have never thought i would be where I'm at now.  Over the past year college made me realize how much I do love home and how much I miss my family when I'm away. It made me realize who I don't need in my life and who I do need.  I think the saddest part about leaving lex is leaving the friends I have made here behind.  Especially my roommate, I've lived with her for a year now and gotten used to her being here and now in a couple days she'll be gone.  It'll be weird getting used to not sharing a room with someone agan.

Now I'm about to say goodbye to this campus forever, well at least I'm saying goodbye to it as my home. It'll be a bittersweet moment that I wasn't expecting to happen.  I always swore up and down that I would never attend CU but now next semester that's where I'll be at and I can only pray I made the right decision.  And if I havent, I'll just transfer somewhere else again next year.

xoxo.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment